Old Town Temecula Outdoor Quilt Show & Live Auction
October 5th, 10 – 4 pm
Our unique Annual Old Town Temecula Outdoor Quilt Show will be held on October 5, 2019. You will find beautiful quilts displayed on the eaves, balconies and porches throughout Old Town Temecula. Traditional quilts, modern quilts, art quilts, appliquéd quilts, wall hangings, mixed media, quilts hand- and machine-pieced and quilted by members of the Valley of the Mist Quilters Guild. Besides viewing the quilts that will be on display at Old Town Temecula, many other activities will add to your quilt show experience that you won’t want to miss.
Starting at 1:00 PM we will begin our live quilt auction. This is held at the MERC Old Town Temecula Community Theater Courtyard. We will have approximately 60 quilts on display, and you will have an opportunity to bid on handmade quilts at a very reasonable price. Our auctioneer is a nationally celebrated teacher and quilter Mike “Mac” McNamara. He is also the featured quilter at the San Diego Quilt Show this year. We promise an afternoon of fun and entertainment, and we know you will have a great time participating in our live auction with “Mac” at the microphone! Quilts to be auctioned will be posted on the website mid-September for advance previewing. A portion of our auction proceeds will support three charities this year: Round-Up Hope, Inc., 4Paws 4Patriots, Quilts of Valor Foundation.
Other exhibits and demonstrations to check out while visiting the Quilt Show include:
· Textile Arts Display and Demonstrations – Come and walk through the display tables and enjoy viewing and learning about other types of textile arts, including demonstrations by our members.
· Educational quilting videos shown throughout the day;
· The Members Boutique, featuring an assortment of items handmade by our members including quilts, table runners, wall hangings, Christmas ornaments, pillows, aprons, kitchen accessories, and bags for produce, the beach, or just showing off;
· Our Featured Quilter, Eleanor Burns will have on display many of her quilts, and will be available to autograph her books. You will not want to miss the opportunity to meet Eleanor. She is known as one of the jewels of quilting and enjoys sharing her knowledge with everyone. Please stop by and say “Hi!” She will also have quilts, patterns, and accessories for sale. Be sure and select the Featured Quilter button to find out more about Eleanor’s special Friday evening presentation Still Stripping II: Forty Fabulous Years of Quilting. Tickets will sell out fast! Get your tickets soon online by clicking the 2019 Featured Quilter button. Limited seating.
· The drawing for our 2019 Opportunity Quilt titled “Omigosh!” designed by the late quilt artist Susan H. Garman and made by Ellen French, Lynn Korito, and quilted by Janice Quackenbush, will take place at the culmination of our quilt auction. The traditional quilt is exquisite in its detail and execution. Tickets will be on sale before and during the day up until the drawing.
· 2019 Challenge Quilt display. This juried quilt exhibition, with the theme "Quilter's Going Wild, appreciating Nature's Wildlife, will be hung at the Main Street Lot next to the MERC/Theater Courtyard. The competition was open to all members. You’ll not want to miss the quilters’ interpretations of the established theme.