Our unique Annual Old Town Temecula Quilt Show is held the first Saturday in October. October 6, 2018 will find beautiful quilts displayed on the eaves, balconies and porches throughout Old Town. You will find traditional quilts, modern quilts, art quilts, appliqué, wall hangings, mixed media, hand- and machine-pieced, hand- and machine-quilted. A HOP-ON HOP-OFF TROLLEY allows visitors to move between events throughout the day for a nominal fee.
Prior to the Quilt Show:
- Grace Mellman Community Library - Members will display quilts during September.
- Quilt Walk - Quilts will be displayed in select stores throughout Old Town. Maps will be available in the shops.
Quilt Show Day:
- Guest Quilter Lyn Mann will display many of her quilts and offer patterns and kits available for sale.
- Philanthropy Quilt Display - Over 60 quilts will be displayed on the Rancon Building. See "Charities" to view the recipients.
- Live Auction at 1:00 PDT - For the second year we will be live streaming with phone-in bidding. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to three local charities. See "Charities" to view the recipients.
- Silent Auction from 10-12:30 - Smaller wall hangings, table runners, aprons and other items will be available for silent bidding.
- Vendor Mall - The Vendor mall will be located at the Civic Center Community Room.
- Opportunity Quilt - A drawing for the winner of the 2018 Opportunity Quilt will be held at the end of the auction.
- "Buy It Now" - Our members have donated medium sized quilts, wall hangings, table runners and other items for direct sales.
NEW THIS YEAR next to the Vendor Mall on the patio at the Civic Center Community Room:
- Textile Arts Display - A variety of other textile arts will be displayed, including wearable art, wool felting, weaving, wool applique and needle felting, knitting, crochet, purses and bags, textile dolls, beading, needlepoint, embroidery, tatting and other hand textile arts.
- Textile Arts Demonstrations - View demonstrations in painting and drawing on fabric, hand quilting, appliqué, weaving on a table loom, and other textile art techniques.
- Mini Quilt Display - New this year we are pleased to showcase miniature quilts made by our members.
- Challenge Quilts Display - View this year's quilts based upon the theme "Cats and Dogs". Come see how our members interpreted this challenge.
Click on all the buttons under the Quilt Show/Auction button for full details.